FISC welcomes and encourages children to visit our facility as a spectator for family and friends, as a FISCaroos/Youth League member or as a Café patron. However, FISC is not able to provide short-term or long-term childcare, or be responsible for unattended children.
Parents, guardians, and/or caregivers are responsible for the safety, behavior, and supervision of their children at all times. Children are expected to respect our property and adhere to facility rules.
FISC staff will contact a parent, guardian, and/or caregiver in the following circumstances:
• An unattended child is engaging in behavior that is disruptive to other users, staff, or the normal operations of our business.
• An unattended child is involved in a situation that is potentially harmful to the health or safety of the child and/or others.
• An unattended child is prohibited from:
1. Traveling to facility second floor
2. Playing on stairs/elevator to the facility second floor
3. Entering Frederick Indoor Training space
4. Engaging in ball playing of any kind in the Café or common areas on the first floor
5. Entering the FISCaroos Community Room
• An unattended child is welcomed to:
1. Enjoy a snack in the Café
2. Use FISC first floor bathroom facilities
3. Purchase snack/drink from first floor vending machine
4. Watch programming on monitors in the Café
NOTE: IF YOU ARE A PARENT, GUARDIAN AND/OR CAREGIVER OF AN UNATTENDED CHILD WHO IS VIOLATING FISC POLICY, A FISC MANAGER/SUPERVISOR WILL LOCATE YOU ON THE FIELD TO INFORM YOU OF THE CHILD’S VIOLATIONS. YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO HANDLE THE SITUATION IMMEDIATELY.
These situations will be handled on a case-by-case basis. If parents, guardians, and/or caregivers cannot be reached, or are unresponsive, we will contact the appropriate county agencies including Frederick County Police and Child Protective Services.